Our camps are based at quality locations in Edinburgh. Although we endeavour to hold all coaching outdoors there are highly rated indoor facilities available at our Fettes venue if the weather gets really bad. Our coaches are experienced and able to continue with the structure and main themes of the day indoors.
The weekly structure to our coaching breaks down the key components of rugby based around the central theme of having fun. Attack, defence, contact and game play are among some of the components included. Leadership exercises also help promote responsibility, communication and trust.
There are four sessions to each day which include skills related fun fitness, up-skill sessions, and technical position coaching with the final session being games related providing player’s with a chance to practice and develop what they have been shown during the day. Individual awards for each age group are presented daily to the player who has shown most improvement and awareness in relation to the theme for that day.
An Example day
- Games, leadership and team bonding activities on arriving e.g. kwick cricket, kicking competition, touch rugby, football, coaches challenges.
- Opening ceremony. Daily theme delivered before starting warm up and fitness through games. The aspect of fitness varies per day e.g. speed, agility, muscular endurance etc.
- Focussed skills session through games and the use of equipment
- Lunch – activities and challenges on offer
- Coaches challenge, technical up-skill opportunity or focussed themed session
- Conditioned games related to the theme then small sided games to demonstrate the players improvement
- Closing ceremony. A chance for parents/guardians to liaise with the coaches for an update on progress.
Coaches & Safety
All of our coaches have experience in coaching rugby and working with children as professional players, ex-internationalists, PE teachers, and fully qualified coaches. We also ensure that enhanced disclosures (via The PVG scheme) are processed for all our coaches, and there will always be a first aider on hand at every camp.